Thursday, November 4, 2010

*~* Oct 29-Nov 4 *~*

*~*Flashing Lights: Our Time Is Now!*~*

Illuminating the talents of new artists; independent rhythm with a mainstream flair!

The Light’s on: Tru Sol

If you are someone who loves R&B quartets, someone who loves sweet harmonies, someone that loves that feel-good, soul music then Tru Sol is definitely the group that will deliver!

From Jersey City, New Jersey, founding members Terrance (aka Teddy B) and Termaine (aka Mello) discovered their musical gifts at a young age and knew that while growing up in the not so best of neighborhoods, music and singing was a sure fire way of keeping themselves out of trouble. The duo began singing mostly in nearby churches and weddings until they met Kareem (aka Vocalz). An inspiring singer in his on right, Kareem’s forceful vocal ability and church choir background made him an easy addition to the Tru Sol family. Two soon became three and while the trio was starting to gain some local recognition, there was still something missing.

Terrance soon met Tone (aka Notez) from New Brunswick, New Jersey and the rest was history. Tone knew that he had the voice that could bring the group around full-circle and after meeting the other members and being welcomed into the family, the group known as Tru Sol was complete!

Not since the 90s and early 2000s, have we been blessed with a male R&B singer group that has the true gift of soulful harmony; unlike some of these factory-produced groups that we’ve been introduced to over the last few years. Tru Sol has the raw talent that we’ve been missing in music; with voices that speak to your mind, body and soul. Not just in it for the glitz and the glam but in it because this is their love and passion; a passion that comes off with every song they sing. They know how to keep your body rocking with songs like, Invitation while speaking to your heart with the a cappella ballad, Give Me One More Chance.

You guys know that I’m a lover of R&B/Soul music and that I would not advocate for a artist or group unless I believed in the gifts that they had. Tru Sol is definitely a group to look out for and while majority of their shows are in NYC and New Jersey, I’m banking that we will be seeing a lot more of them all across the country real soon! Hopefully after hearing them perform, you’ll agree!

For more information on Tru Sol go to www.trusolmusic.com or follow them on twitter!!! @Tru_Sol

Tru Sol; Chocolate Sweet:

Tru Sol; singing Shai's Comforter

*~* In Case You Missed It*~*

~Latest in music: Oct29-Nov4

Ø Lil Wayne Released From Prison

After spending the last eight months in the Rikers Island prison facility, rapper Lil Wayne is a free man, being release early Thursday morning.

Wayne was finishing up time stemming from an arrest in 2007. After performing at NYC’s Beacon Theatre, police pulled over Wayne’s tour bus, where they discovered marijuana and a gun registered to Wayne’s manager.

Wayne was sentenced to a year and a day but was delayed sentencing twice on account of a courthouse fire and emergency dental work. He finally entered prison in March and later received a shorter sentence due to good behavior.

While in jail, Wayne had a successful year, releasing the No. 1 album 'I Am NotaHumanBeing' in October, recording verses over the phone and earning more than he did in 2009, according toForbes Magazine.

Ø T.I.’s Wife Tiny Charged With Drug Possession

From the looks of things, it seems like Tameka “Tiny” Cottle will be joining her husband, rapper, T.I. in prison. It was announced that she is facing drug possession charges stemming from the couple’s arrest last month, in which police discovered ecstasy inside the vehicle. According to TMZ, the Los Angeles District Attorney decided to go forward with the drug charges against the former Xscape singer.

Now while T.I. didn’t face drug charges in California, he still received disciplinary action in Georgia for violating his probation; ordering him to complete another 11 months in jail. His sentence beings November 1st, at the same Arkansas prison where he last served time from a federal weapons possession charge.

If convicted, Cottle faces up to a year in prison.

Ø Yay!! Eminem Back in the Studio With Dr. Dre

The dynamic duo is reunited and it feels so good. Rapper Eminem recently announced that he’s back in the studio with longtime producer/mentor Dr. Dre, during an interview with Angela Yee on his Shade 45 satellite radio channel.

"I'm in the studio right now, still working," Em revealed. "I would just say I'm in the studio with Dre right now, I'll just say that. He's in the next room. There's nothing going on right now, but pretty soon he'll play a beat and I might rap to it."

Though the Detroit is currently “taking a break”, after successfully launching his highly anticipated comeback album, Recovery, Em was recently announced to be collaborating with Rihanna and Young Money’s First Lady, Nicki Minaj’s Pink Friday album, due Nov. 22nd.

Ø Kanye West. Jay-Z Working On An Album

Another duo is currently in the studio, whipping up audio magic! It’s reported that Kanye West and Mr. H to the Izzo, Jay-z are in London together working on an album. Kanye West himself cannot believe what it happening right now. “It’s really setting in on me now that I am actually doing a rap album with Jay-z, he tweeted on Oct 29.

"The [beats] and raps are stuuuupid already! One song down, on to the next!" West further tweeted. He described the sound of the album as "so modern, so hood, so club, so hip-hop ... all of the above!"

West’s new album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, is schedule to be release on Nov. 22 and will include the 35-minute Runaway music video!

Ø MC Hammer releases Jay-Z Diss Track and Video and Jay’sResponse

The sage continues in the war against MC Hammer and Jay-Z, who fired shots at Hammer with a one-off line on Kanye West’s So Appalled. Hammer answered by releasing a video for “Better Run Run”, a diss track that implies that Jay sold his soul to the devil.

In the video, a Jay-Z look-alike is chased in the woods by the devil while Hammer raps about Hov’s connection to the Illuminati; ending with the devil being stomped out and Jay being baptized in a lake.

"If I knock on your door that mean I'm knockin' you out, if I knock on your door boy I'll bust you in ya mouth," raps Hammer on the track, calling out Jay by name. "New rules, lemme show you the way/ If a rapper talk tough, then he gotta back up what he say."

This feud began when Jay-Z poked fun at Hammer’s money troubles on West’s So Appalled. "Hammer went broke, so you know I'm on focus/ I lost 30 mil, so I spent another 30/ 'Cause unlike Hammer, 30 million can't hurt me!" Jay-Z rapped on the track.

After breaking wind on the feud, Jay took to BBC Radio 1’s DJ Semtex to reveal that he was unaware that the lyrics on So Appalled would be so controversial. "I didn't know that was on the table for discussion. I didn't know I was the first person to ever say that. Am I? I'm not, am I? I know I've heard that before, I didn't think I was the first one to say it," said Hov. "He took it the wrong way; I didn't know it was on the table for discussion. And I didn't know that I said anything wrong! I think that when I say things, people believe me so much that they take it a different way. It's not rap anymore at that point. Now, it's a personal attack," he stated.

Jay also shared that he has nothing but nice words about Hammer in his upcoming book,‘Decoded’. "I said some great things about him in the book I have coming out. I really said some really nice things. He's going to be embarrassed; I said some really great things about him in the book and about people's perception of him and how he's from East Oakland."

MC Hammer; Better Run Run (Jay-Z Diss)


Ø Nicki Minaj, Eminem Attack Lil Kim in “Roman’s Revenge”

The Queen Bitch, Lil Kim spent majority of 2010 taking shots at Nicki Minaj and for the most part, Minaj was quiet about it until now! The Young Money rapper released her track “Roman’s Revenge” featuring Eminem, effectively breaking her silence on the Kim situation, over a beat by Swiss Beats.

Rapping through the mind of her alter ego, Roman Zolanski, Minaj makes reference to comments previously stated by Kim and decides to go for the jugular! "The f--- I look like, getting back to a has-been?/ Yeah I said it, has-been/ Hang it up, flat screen," she raps on the track, appearing on her upcoming debut 'Pink Friday,' due Nov. 22. "You out of work, I know it's tough / But enough is enough."

It doesn’t stop there! Nicki, fired up, continues to fire shots at the former Bad Boy artist. "Is this the thanks that I get for putting you b----es on?/ Is it my fault that all of you b----es gone?/ Should have sent a thank you note, you little ho / Now, I'mma wrap your coffin with a bow," she snarks. "Nicki, she just mad 'cause you took the spot / Word? That b---- mad because I took the spot? / Well b----, if you ain't s---tin' then get off the pot / Got some n----s out in Brooklyn that'll off ya top."

Woo!! Ladies and Gentlemen, this may get real interesting, real quick!!! Stay tuned!!!!

Nicki Minaj f/ Eminem; Roman's Revenge


Ø Mos Def and Talib Kweli Reunite on Sony PS Tour

For the last decade, fans have been yearning for a reunion of Black Star and now their dreams have become a reality. Black Star, consisting of MCs, Mos Def and Talib Kweli are joining forces for a short time, as part of the launch of Sony Playstation’s newest PSP system. Joining Mos and Kweli at select stops will be Phoroahe Monch, Jean Grae and K’Naan.

Officially titled, “Sony Playstation’s Breed Love Odyssey Tour”, began on Oct. 28 and will be hitting various cities before ending in New York City in December. In addition to the performances, the show will have an interactive component where video games enthusiasts and fans alike will have a chance to play the new PSP and learn about the new features Sony has brought forth.

Fans also are encouraged to bring their existing PSPs to the show, in order to receive a free copy of NBA ’06 and a gift card, good for 25 free music downloads; including a new song from Mos Def.

Blackstar; Definition


Ø Lauryn Hill Possibly Working on ‘Miseducation’ Follow-up

People all over the world have been patiently waiting for a studio follow-up to Lauryn Hill’s 1999 multi-platinum, Grammy-winning debut album, ‘The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill’ and it seems like we wont have to wait much longer! Stepping back on the scene this year, headlining the 2010 Rock the Bells Festival, L Boogie is allegedly back in the studio working on her new album, according to former Fugees member Pras.

"I heard they're trying to drop it by the summertime," he said in an interview withUsMagazine.com. "Let me tell you something. Somebody played me ... something she worked on. Goosebumps. Like, 2015 Lauryn Hill."

Along with dropping knowledge about Hill’s upcoming album, Pras also addressed the rumors regarding the drama within the group. "I just made sure I kept the balance," he said. "You had two personalities [in Lauryn and Wyclef Jean]; if I became the third personality, it would split everything apart."

In regards to rumors of Hill’s mental state, this is was Pras had to say. "It wasn't about her being crazy, it was just that she was like ... 'I gotta make sense of all of this,'" he explained. "I haven't spoken to her about it; it's me analyzing it."

Lauryn Hill; Repercussion:


Ø Gucci Mane Pepper-Sprayed and Arrested in Atlanta

It seems that Atlanta rapper, Gucci Mane just can seem to stay out of trouble! In his latest unfortunate event, the “Get Wasted:” rapper was arrested in Atlanta for a host of infractions, including driving on the wrong side of the road, driving without a license, damage to government property, obstruction, and running a red light or stop sign. According to Atlanta Police Dept spokesperson, Curtis Davenport, Gucci had to be pepper-sprayed in order for police to arrest him.

This is just the latest in Gucci’s legal issues. He was released from prison in May, after serving six months on a parole violation charge. Upon his release, this is what Gucci had to say about making a turn around in his life. "I have made some mistakes in my life that have hurt a lot of people who care about me. I have worked very hard to get past them, but those mistakes have brought me to where I am today, and they will not be repeated," he told reporters in a prepared statement. "These past six months have been a difficult time, but fortunately I have learned a great deal from my experience. I was able to do a great deal of soul searching; I am coming out with a new attitude towards life."

Ø George W. Bush Speaks Out on Kanye West’s Katrina Remarks and West’s Response

During a Red Cross telethon for the victims of the tragic 2005 Hurricane Katrina, Kanye West fired shots at then president, George W. Bush that will be remembered for generations to come. West, accompanied by actor, Mike Myers, blatantly stated on air that “Bush doesn’t care about black people” after the White House’s slow response and relief efforts in wake of the devastating hurricane. Well, after years of silence, the former president has come forth, calling it “one of the most disgusting moments in my Presidency.”

Bush speaks on the situation with West in an upcoming interview with Matt Lauer on NBC’s ‘Matt Lauer Reports’ while promoting his book, “Decision Points”.

"He called me a racist," he says. "And I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, 'I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business.' It's another thing to say, 'This man's a racist.' I resent it, it's not true."

Lauer continued by quoting Bush's book, where he states that 'Ye's comments "represented an all-time low." "My record was strong I felt when it came to race relations and giving people a chance. And it was a disgusting moment," he responded.

The full interview is set to air on Nov. 8 at 8pm on NBC!

Recently, West called into Houston Radio station 97.9 The Box, in order to address what the former president said. After going through a lot in the last couple years, West had a different outlook on the whole situation and life in general.

"I definitely can understand the way he feels. To be accused of being a racist in any way because the same thing happened to me," he told radio personality Devi Dev. "With both situations it was a lack of compassion that America saw. With him it was a lack of compassion with him not taking the time to rush down to New Orleans, with me it was a lack of compassion of cutting someone off in their moment. I think we're all quick to pull a race card in America, and now I'm more open. I went through the same thing that he went [through] and now I really more connect with him on a humanitarian level because that next morning when he felt that, I felt that too."

Kanye West's Outburst:


*~* Fashion 411 will return next week with all new tips, trends and styles! *~*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Upcoming Events