Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Minding Mi Vintage Soft Launch Party!!

Cocktails, check… Music, double check… One of a kind vintage fashions, let the party begin!


*So Golden* was out on the scene Saturday October 13th for the soft launch party for up-and-coming vintage clothing line, Minding Mi Vintage, in Columbus, OH. Started with the vision of two best friends from Cleveland, OH, Minding Mi Vintage is fun, refreshing and what fashion is missing. 




With options galore, spectators were not only introduced to hot separates and unique one-piece ensembles, but also exclusive accessories. Geometric prints, bold designs, and classic styles that haven’t been seen since the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s filled the room; proving that fashion always makes it way back onto the scene!

 In the midst of all the festivities, I was able to sit with the creators of Minding Mi Vintage and discuss what the brand was all about, their inspiration and what people can expect from them in the near future.


For those that don't know, can you introduce yourselves?

Tehaira H.
Esther D.

My name is Tehaira and I am co-owner of Minding Mi Vintage and also the lead stylist for the Beautiful People. My name is Esther and I am also the co-owner and lead curator for Minding Mi Vintage.



Now, what is Minding Mi Vintage all about?

- Minding Mi Vintage is about selling contemporary vintage pieces with a modern twist. We also go by @MMVGirls on Twitter. In addition to Minding Mi Vintage, we also have a styling company, Beautiful People, in which you can buy clothing but also allow us to put looks together for you.




I see that you guys have some gorgeous pieces here. What inspired you guys to not only create a clothing line but a vintage clothing line?

-Esther: Actually, vintage and thrifting are things that have always been apart of me since I was really, really little. I was kind of forced to do it when I was a kid. After a while, it kind of grew on me and after having some of my friends tell me how dope I looked, I decided to come to my friend and say, "Hey, we need to do this!" She's extremely passionate about fashion so I knew we would make a great collaboration in making something really special. My love for vintage; her love for fashion.

-Tehaira: When I was younger, I used to spend a lot of time with my Grandmother and we used to watch old movies and I was always inspired by the more glamorous side of fashion. Growing up, I always saw things that I liked but they wouldn't be put together the way I would do it so the best way I could get the looks that I wanted was to go to thrift stores and piece things together. Fashion has always been something that I've been uber passionate about and that passion has flowed with me as I've gotten older.





Now with Minding Mi Vintage, what type of pieces do you offer? 

-Tehaira: We have dresses, we have separates; ranging from the 1950s to the 90s. We pick a lot of pieces with a lot of personality so that it's easier to mix with the wardrobe that you already have. People make it harder than it needs to be but fashion does not have to be hard!

-Esther: As far as styles of pieces, we kind of going for fun, not overly extreme but also relevant and trendy. With vintage, it goes in cycles so stuff we pull will always be trending; just maybe not at the particular time......Everybody is in the fight to be the "cool kid" so for me, you want to make it relevant without necessarily following the fad.

Because it's inspired by vintage style and thrifting, would you consider the prices for MMV to be affordable?

-Esther: The clothing is fairly, moderately priced. Vintage can be a broad range, with pieces going for up to $300 online. With our pieces, if we do have something high-end, it's gonna be priced higher because of the brand or material. You can look dope without having a lot of money.

With me being a plus-size model, *So Golden* has a lot of full-figured readers in which I receive fashion tips and advice. What sizes are available with MMV?

-Esther: When I curate, I pick what I like; no matter the size. My range right now is between a 0-16. If I find something that's dope and it happens to be a XXXL, it doesn't matter because it's about everyone looking good. We also have the ability to reconstruct pieces to accommodate you style and body type.

 -Tehaira: If you come to us and say, I'm looking for "this" and you're plus-size, we'll pick it for you! I'm always picking different things and reconstructing pieces to my body. Plus-size women always think that they can't go to a boutique or thrift store because they think that they won’t be able to find anything but they need to look for the potential instead of what it directly is.



Is there a boutique or website where people can check out the styles of MMV?

-Esther: The website is www.mindingmyvintage.com and we're also going to have another URL, www.mmvonline.com.

Cool. So other than the website, how else can people reach you or Minding Mi Vintage?

-Tehaira: I'm available on Instagram: Trenae_Monroe and on Twitter: @TrenaeMonroe. Also on the website, there will be a link to the Beautiful People blog, where I'll be on there giving advice on dressing for your size and everything fashion!

-Esther: Also, you can contact us at Mindingmivintage@gmail.com or on Twitter: @MMVGirls...Also, follow my personal IG: Iamruthesther, where I'll be posting shoot pics, giving vintage tips, and all those good things. 


Check out these exclusive shots from Minding Mi Vintage's first photo shoot and be sure to go to www.mmvonline.com for more fashions, beauty tips and so much more!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Upcoming Events