Thursday, September 29, 2011

~*Flashing Lights*~ 9.29.11




~*Flashing Lights: Our Time Is Now!*~

Illuminating the talents of new artists; independent rhythm with a mainstream flair!



Shining the light on Jessie J.!!!



Not just a pretty face…not just a great pop artist…not just an R&B artist or whatever category she seems to fit in, British-born Jessie J. is one of the few artists out today with the ability to encompass a plethora of genres through her immaculate vocals and amazing soul.

Considered the one in her family to “put her life into a melody”, Jessie wrote her first hit, Big White Room, when she was 17— based on the true story of a young boy who lost his life while Jessie was hospitalized at the age of 11. To this day, Big White Room is a Youtube fan favorite, being viewed over one-million times. Jessie stated, “Big White Room is a comfort blanket, and I am so happy that people can personalize the meaning of the song.”

Jessie’s amazing song-writing ability has allowed her to write songs for Chris Brown and Miley Cyrus (Party in the USA), just to name a few and she was also fortunate enough to have one of her songs, Sexy Silk, selected by NIVEA for their worldwide campaign.

Today, Jessie is signed to Lava/Universal Records her in the U.S. and Island Records in the U.K. “I feel like my album is an example of what exists in the world of music right now…it’s like when you go clubbing these days; you don’t have a pop room and a separate R&B room, they’re all together...people just appreciate great music!”

The title track and first single, Who You Are, is about the point in Jessie’s career where her aspirations were hanging by a thread. “I want people to know that I am an unedited version of myself. I plan to expose the good and the bad to show and show that life is about being WHO YOU ARE…”



For more information on Jessie J:
~Visit her website: www.jessiejofficial.com
~"Like: her facebook page: www.facebook.com/JessieJOfficial
~ Follow her on Twitter!!: @JessieJOfficial


Off-the-record with Melodic Fashionista…


…When I saw Jessie J performing between performances at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, I was like, ‘I don’t know who this girl is with this blinged-out cast but I love her voice!!’ When I heard the acoustic version of Big White Room, it seriously almost brought me to tears!  In my eyes, she was a perfect blend of Katy Perry with her girly style with the raw emotion and edge of Pink; which for me, was something that was not only genuine but something worthy of the world’s listening ear. Someone who was below the radar over here in the States, you can now hear Jessie’s music everywhere! For example, I turned on the television and was surprised to hear her hit, Price Tag, on the Monopoly: Electronic Banking commercial, as well as, some other shows on VH1! With everyone so commercialized, it’s so refreshing to have an artist who is extremely talented and who also marches to the beat of her own drum. I feel like individuality is one factor that is missing in music today and Jessie J is just that!! If you are not familiar with Jessie, get familiar right now because she definitely one to be reckoned with!!

Keep shining Jessie!!!



{Big White Room-live acoustic}



{Price Tag ft. B.O.B}


{Who You Are-Live}


{Do it Like a Dude}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Upcoming Events